What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used on websites to ensure the most efficient and secure user experience possible. Cookies are small, harmless text files that are downloaded to your device’s web browser when you access a website. They allow websites to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
Cookies usually also have an expiration date. For example, some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (session cookies), while others can be stored longer on your computer, sometimes until you delete them manually (persistent cookies). This site utilises both session and persistent cookies to provide a consistent, streamlined user experience.
Cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies:
First party cookies are cookies placed on your computer by our website.
They are listed as “Privalgo” in the “Provider”-column of the Cookie preferences
Third party cookies are cookies placed on your computer through the website but by third parties such as Google.
Cookies can be categorised as :
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these, cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. Because these cookies are strictly necessary, websites do not need to ask for vistors’ consent to use them.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use a website. They allow to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website. They also provide information as to the approximate regions that the user is visiting from.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices visitors make (such as language or the region the visitor is in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes a visitor has made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect are anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies– These cookies allow a website and its advertisers to deliver information that is more relevant to the user and their interests. They are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that a user has visited the website and may help in compiling their profile.
The cookies we use
We use Strictly necessary cookies, Performance cookies, Functionality cookies and Targeting cookies.
We also use specific cookies for some of our users:
- Post-Click tracking cookies– These cookies are used to report on the pages of www.privalgo.co.uk that have been viewed by visitors to the site who have followed links placed within email correspondence. This analysis helps us to analyse engagement with content that is viewed and therefore allows us to improve our site and our user’s experience. Since these cookies are paired to individual email addresses, it will be possible for us to identify the activities of the relevant individual.
We may combine information from these specific types of cookies and technologies with information about you from any other source.
Cookie consent and opting out
In order to opt out of Post-Click tracking cookies or Document Tracking Cookies you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about cookies we would encourage you to visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in relation to our processing of your Personal Data. Information can be found at www.ICO.org.uk.
However, before you do so and we would encourage you to raise your complaint with us in the first instance. Please contact:
Telephone : 020 3880 0575